A fully functioning brake system is crucial to your safety, the safety of your passengers, and the safety of other drivers on the road. Your vehicle’s brake system involves highly engineered parts and precise movements that stop your vehicle by converting kinetic energy into thermal energy. When you press down on the brake pedal, the master cylinder pressurizes a system of hydraulic brake lines leading to each of the vehicle’s wheels, where brake pads or shoes press against a disc or drum and create the necessary friction needed to slow the vehicle to a complete stop. Over time, this friction and heat has the potential to wear down the brake shoes, brake pads, calipers, brake rotors, and other braking components. While the components comprising each brake system may vary, the warning signs for impending brake repairs are the same.
We offer a full range of garage services to vehicle owners in Cambridge. We can help you with everything from an oil change to an engine change. We can handle any problem on foreign, domestic, and vintage vehicles.
- We take quality very seriously.
- We are a friendly and professional group of people
- We handle a wide range of car services
- Same day service for most repairs and maintenance
- We get the job done right — the first time
- Over 30 years in the profession
Should I consider using synthetic motor oil?
Synthetic engine oils are produced through a synthesis process that takes very small molecules and assembles them into larger designer molecules with premium lubricating properties.
What parts should be replaced at what intervals?
- Oil change every 5000km or 6 months (whatever is sooner).
- Batteries need to be changed every 3 to 6 years.
- Belts should be changed every 100,000km
- Tires should to be changed every 3 to 7 years depending on how much you drive.
Are winter tires worth it?
Winter tires can help you stop in over 30% shorter distance and since 2016 insurance companies must offer discounted car insurance if you have them.