An oil change and filter replacement is one of many preventative maintenance services that help promote maximum vehicle performance while extending the life of your vehicle. Oil is responsible for lubricating the working components inside your vehicle’s engine while reducing the amount of friction between them. Because the engine generates a substantial amount of heat, oil acts as a cooling agent as it circulates through the engine. Oil also absorbs other harmful particles created during the combustion process and directs them to the oil filter, which filters out the debris and contaminants for clean, free-flowing oil. Together, the oil and oil filter keep your vehicle’s engine operating at optimal levels of performance. During an oil change, we will replace your engine’s old oil with new oil and replace the oil filter. We will also lubricate the chassis components of the vehicle according to the standards of the manufacturer. At the end of every lube, oil and filter change, our staff will have ensured that your engine oil is clean and the working parts of your engine are properly lubricated.
We offer a full range of garage services to vehicle owners in Cambridge. We can help you with everything from an oil change to an engine change. We can handle any problem on foreign, domestic, and vintage vehicles.
- We take quality very seriously.
- We are a friendly and professional group of people
- We handle a wide range of car services
- Same day service for most repairs and maintenance
- We get the job done right — the first time
- Over 30 years in the profession
Should I consider using synthetic motor oil?
Synthetic engine oils are produced through a synthesis process that takes very small molecules and assembles them into larger designer molecules with premium lubricating properties.
What parts should be replaced at what intervals?
- Oil change every 5000km or 6 months (whatever is sooner).
- Batteries need to be changed every 3 to 6 years.
- Belts should be changed every 100,000km
- Tires should to be changed every 3 to 7 years depending on how much you drive.
Are winter tires worth it?
Winter tires can help you stop in over 30% shorter distance and since 2016 insurance companies must offer discounted car insurance if you have them.